Terms and Conditions
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions written on this webpage shall manage your use of our website, Kohabs accessible at https://kohabs.in.
These Terms will be applied fully and affect your use of this Website. By using this Website, you agreed to accept all terms and conditions written in here. You must not use this Website if you disagree with any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions. Minors or people below 18 years old are not allowed to use this Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than the content you own, under these Terms, Kohabs India Pvt. LTD and/or its licensors own all the intellectual property rights and materials contained in this Website. You are granted limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are specifically restricted from all of the following:
- Publishing any Website material in any other media;
- Selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- Publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- Using this Website in any way that is or may be damaging to this Website;
- Using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- Using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in any way may cause harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website;
- Using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing.
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from being accessed by you and Kohabs India Pvt. LTD may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality as well.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. By displaying Your Content, you grant Kohabs India Pvt. LTD a non-exclusive, worldwide irrevocable, sub licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be invading any third-party’s rights. Kohabs India Pvt. LTD reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time without notice.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and Kohabs India Pvt. LTD express no representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Also, nothing contained on this Website shall be interpreted as advising you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall Kohabs India Pvt. LTD, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, shall be held liable for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website whether such liability is under contract. Kohabs India Pvt. LTD, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent Kohabs India Pvt. LTD from and against any and/or all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under any applicable law, such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
Kohabs India Pvt. LTD is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis.
The Kohabs India Pvt. LTD is allowed to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification. However, you are not allowed to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Kohabs India Pvt. LTD and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Country, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Country for the resolution of any disputes.
- Keep the noise level within the tolerance of others in the Premises and reduce if requested to do so
- No noise shall be caused between 11PM and 6AM
2. AVOID THE FOLLOWING
- Abusive or foul language
- Harassment in any form to anybody present within the Premises
- Fight/quarrel with the other occupants of the building/instigating the other occupants to fight
- Smoking and use of alcohol except in designated areas
- Drugs, explosives & weapons in the whole Premises
- Conducting/carry out any kind of business
- Alterations to the Premises, any electrical or furnishings of the Premises
3. The Sub Lessee shall not cause any damage to the Premises or Building. In case of any such damages caused by the Sub Lessee to the Premises or Building, the Sub Lessee shall be liable to pay the cost of repairs/replacement due to such damage. If the Sub Lessee fails to pay the cost, the Sub Lessor shall deduct such cost from the Deposit and claim for the balance cost of the repairs from the Sub Lessee.
4. The Sub Lessor shall carry out the repairs of the below items and shall be entitled for reimbursement of the repairs cost from the Sub Lessee, if any damage caused by the Sub Lessee in the Premises/Building including but not limited to the following:
- Any damages to the electrical items
- Physical damages to the electronics items
- Physical damages caused to any of the furniture or furnishings
- Damages to bath fittings
- Damages to any of the kitchen appliances
- Replacement of any part for any of the above mentioned appliances
- Damages to any of the Items (Sports/Gym Equipment, Games, Electronics, Furniture, Walls and artwork) in the common spaces
Kindly keep the Premises clean and tidy and ensure your belongings are kept within your designated area
Keep the common area clean after you for others to enjoy the common facilities of the Premises
Housekeeping would be provided to the Sub-Lessee by the Sub-lessor. The Housekeeping services will be provided on Monday to Saturday (a week). Scope of Housekeeping shall be as follows:
- Dishwashing (6 days a week)
- Cleaning the bathroom (3 times a week)
- Sweeping and mopping the floor in the hall, bedroom, kitchenette and balconies (6 days a week)
- Clearing the trash (6 days a week)
- Windows and windowpanes (twice a month)
- Dusting the furniture (6 days a week)
- It shall be the responsibility of the Sub Lessee to keep the management informed about any guests who are staying at Kohabs. An additional charge of Rs. 500 per night per guest shall be levied on the Sub Lessee for admitting a guest without receiving prior approval from the management.
- If Sub Lessee invites guest to the accommodation, the Sub Lessee shall indemnify the Sub Lessor for any of the consequences of such stay in the Premises.
- Day visits are restricted only till 8 PM for all guests.
- Overnight stay must be informed to the manager within 8 PM.
- The Sub Lessee is fully responsible for the actions of their guests.
- The guest should not disturb other residents during their stay in Kohabs.
8. THEFT & DAMAGE POLICY
a) PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- The tenant shall be responsible for his/her belongings in the Scheduled Premise and neither Kohabs nor it’s vendors shall not be held liable/ responsible for the same.
- For general maintenance and/or showing the scheduled premises to any prospective tenants, Kohabs shall keep an extra key of the scheduled premises. It is hereby advised to all the tenants to keep their valuables locked inside the cupboards and not to leave them unattended.
b) HOME FURNISHING
- In the case of theft/loss and damage of any furnishing or appliance or furniture in the house , all the tenants staying at the scheduled premises at that point of time shall be held responsible.
- A reasonable sum shall be deducted from security deposit of tenants towards compensation of the loss/ theft and damage or an amount as mentioned in cancellation & refund policy. In case the recovery amount exceeds the security deposit, the tenants shall be liable to pay the amount.
- For general maintenance & showing houses to other tenants, Kohabs employees or its affiliate agents may keep a copy of the keys of your house. We advise you to keep your valuables locked inside the cupboards & never leave them unattended in open places.
- We shall not be responsible for any theft or accidental damage to your valuables in case of an untoward incident.
9. DEPOSIT PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY
A.DEPOSIT PAYMENT TERMS
- Tenant needs to pay three months of rent as security deposit.
- Tenant is required to pay a part of the security deposit, referred as the token deposit, at the time of booking.
- The security deposit paid is mentioned in the rental agreement.
- Security / token deposit can be paid either by cheque or online.
- In the case where a tenant chooses to make an internal transfer or upgrade his/her current booking type, the difference in the amount of security deposit will be expected to be paid by the tenant before him/her making the actual transfer. In case the new rent is lower, the difference in security deposit is adjusted against the following month’s rent.
B. REFUND ON CANCELLATION
a) CANCELLATION BEFORE SUBLEASE START DATE
- If Tenant cancels before sub-lease start date, the token deposit will not be refunded.
- If Kohabs cancels before the sub-lease start date, the token deposit will be entirely refunded.
b) REFUND ON MOVE-OUT
- The security deposit shall be refunded, after deduction if any as per Kohabs’s policies, on the first week of the following month from the day of move-out.
- If the Sub-Lessee terminates the sub-lease during the lock-in period/ after the expiry of the lock-in period without prior intimation of one month to the Sub-Lessor, rent of one month shall be levied on the Sub- Lessee which shall be deducted from the deposit at the time of moving out. Hereinafter referred to as “Notice Period charges”.
- In case, the sub-lessee terminates the sub-lease within the lock-in period and without one month’s notice to the Sub-Lessor, both the Contract termination and notice period charges shall be levied on the Sub- Lessee as a penalty and the same shall be recovered from the security deposit.
- Any unpaid rent, utility payments will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Tenants have to pay for damages, on actuals, in case there’s some damage to the property or it’s belongings.
c) REFUND MODE
- All refunds shall be processed via online transfer.
You agree to be bound by the provisions of the ‘User Conduct’ set out below.
In terms of Rule 3 of the Information Technology (Intermediaries guidelines) Rules, 2011 you agree to not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information on our website that:
- Belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right to
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever
- Harms minors in any way
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights
- Violates any law for the time being in force
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature
- Impersonates another person
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
Additionally you agree to abide by the following terms:
- You cannot modify, adapt or attempt for an unlawful access of Service or build any other third party Service or website that falsely represents Kohabs.
- Kohabs reserve the right to shift tenant/s from scheduled property to another scheduled property or within the scheduled property from time to time as per business requirement.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse of any Kohabs customer, employee, member, or officer may result in immediate account termination including legal action against you.
- You will not gain unauthorized access to our website or Service, or our computer systems or networks connected to our Website, through hacking, password mining or any other means.